The Correct Answer is B!
Medical knowledge is doubling every 73 days, and keeping up is hard to do. We’ve taken the work out of it for you. CurrentMD provides a single, unbiased source of updates so all you have to do is log in to find out what is changing so you can stay ahead.
For CurrentMD Cardiology, Knowledge to Practice assembled the top cardiologists from across the United States to review and constantly update content based on the very latest in emerging medicine so you are always current. With adult learning theory applied to the design of the content, there is a 59% lift in knowledge, and 4 out of 5 cardiologists reporting a change in the way they practice medicine.
Use promo code QUIZ20 to save 20% off CurrentMD*
The patient's coronary artery calcium (CAC) score is 160 Agatston units. Using the MESA CAC score reference values tool, you calculate his probability of a non-zero calcium score to be 45%, and you determine that his CAC score of 160 Agatston units is above the 75th percentile for his age, gender, and race. He is now classified as high risk.
What would you recommend as the next step in his treatment?
- Get a stress test to make sure he does not have obstructive coronary artery disease
- Discuss starting statin therapy
- Re-check his CAC score in six months after he implements intensive lifestyle modifications
- Get an echo for further risk stratification
* Offer Expires March 21, 2019. Discounts and promotions are for new product purchases only. They do not apply to previously purchased products.