The Correct Answer is C!
Knowledge to Practice, in collaboration with Mayo Clinic, offers online board review and lifelong learning products in Cardiovascular Medicine. With a full pre-assessment, you can identify the topics you’ve mastered and focus your time on topics where you need it the most. Our products have been shown to increase knowledge 75% more than traditional methods in less time.1
Use promo code QUIZ20 to save 20% off any online cardiovascular medicine board review or lifelong learning product *
A 44-year-old woman presents with one week of systemic symptoms but yesterday developed severe pleuritic substernal chest pain, made better by sitting up. Her exam showed an otherwise healthy woman in severe pain, BP 122/80 P 95 with a normal JVP. There was three component rub at the apex, and the ECG was consistent with pericarditis. Her troponin was normal, but she had an elevated sedimentation rate of 50 mm/hr.
What is the optimal treatment regimen?
- Bolus high dose steroids with rapid taper over 4 weeks
- High dose NSAID alone
- High dose ASA and colchicine
- Infliximab given intravenously now, repeat in 4 weeks
* Offer Expires October 4th, 2019. Discounts and promotions are for new product purchases only. They do not apply to previously purchased products.
1. Source: "Comparative Analysis of Pre/Post Assessments of Live/Didactic Course Attendees when compared to Mico-Learning/Online Course Users., "Knowledge to Practice, 2017.