The Correct Answer is C!
Knowledge to Practice, in collaboration with Mayo Clinic, offers online board review and lifelong learning products in Cardiovascular Medicine. With a full pre-assessment, you can identify the topics you’ve mastered and focus your time on topics where you need it the most. Our products have been shown to increase knowledge 75% more than traditional methods in less time.1
In which of the following situations can pregnancy be safely tolerated?
- Marfan’s syndrome with an aorta of 4.2 cm
- Pulmonary hypertension with a PA pressure of 60 mmHg
- HCM with gradient 55 mmHg
- Prior postpartum cardiomyopathy with current EF 40%
HCM is usually well tolerated during pregnancy due to the increase in preload, as long as the patient is asymptomatic. All of the other choices are associated with significant increased risk.
1. Source: "Comparative Analysis of Pre/Post Assessments of Live/Didactic Course Attendees when compared to Mico-Learning/Online Course Users., "Knowledge to Practice, 2017.