The Correct Answer is A!
Knowledge to Practice, in collaboration with Mayo Clinic, offers online board review and lifelong learning products in Cardiovascular Medicine. With a full pre-assessment, you can identify the topics you’ve mastered and focus your time on topics where you need it the most. Our products have been shown to increase knowledge 75% more than traditional methods in less time.1
Based upon the changes in loading conditions during pregnancy, which of the following valve diseases is best tolerated?
- Mitral valve prolapse with mitral regurgitation
- Rheumatic mitral stenosis
- Congenital pulmonic stenosis
- Bicuspid aortic valve with aortic stenosis
During pregnancy there is a progressive increase in blood volume to increase preload as well as a decrease in afterload. Thus, the regurgitant lesions are relatively well tolerated during pregnancy as opposed to the stenotic lesions.
1. Source: "Comparative Analysis of Pre/Post Assessments of Live/Didactic Course Attendees when compared to Mico-Learning/Online Course Users., "Knowledge to Practice, 2017.